Director of Development, College of TechnologyCompany: Eastern Michigan University Foundation
Date Posted: November 9, 2017
The Eastern Michigan University Foundation (“EMU Foundation”) is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated fundraising professional to serve as Director of Development for the College of Technology.
An integral member of the EMU Foundation team, the Director of Development for the College of Technology will design and implement major, planned, and corporate/foundation gift fundraising strategies to support programs and activities in the College of Technology.
The ideal candidate for this position will work closely with the Dean and the faculty/staff within the College of Technology to identify and fulfill the top philanthropic priorities for the college. The College of Technology has seen significant growth and accomplishments over the last several years with new programs in mechanical and electrical engineering. With the leadership of the Dean and new Director of Development, great potential for enhanced fundraising opportunities exists.
- Lead, inspire, and implement fundraising efforts for the College of Technology through the strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major, planned, and corporate/foundation prospects
- Partner with the Dean and academic staff in the College of Technology to identify, cultivate, and solicit major and planned gifts
- In collaboration with EMU Foundation and College of Technology leadership, create and adhere to an annual fund development plan
- Personally maintain a portfolio of major, planned, and corporate/foundation gift prospects
- Increase philanthropic support for key philanthropic priorities in the college
- Partner with development and alumni relations team members to develop engagement strategies for College of Technology alumni, donors, and other constituents in support of overall fundraising efforts
- Five or more years of development experience, including successful major gifts experience, preferably in higher education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in successfully developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies for major, planned, and corporate/foundation gifts, including the preparation of proposals and related materials
- Interest in all aspects of higher education and a dedication to promoting the University’s fundraising priorities both internally and externally
- A commitment to developing and nurturing collaborative relationships with faculty, senior academic leaders, volunteers, and the Foundation team
- Knowledge and experience in the engineering and technology fields is highly preferred, but not required
- Must be able to travel around the region and to other areas of the country
- Ability to manage an irregular work schedule including occasional evenings, early mornings, and weekends. May involve use of personal transportation to travel throughout southeastern Michigan.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The EMU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator that is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and applicants with disabilities, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups.