Development SpecialistCompany: Jewish Vocational Services-Detroit
Date Posted: November 21, 2017
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required. A minimum of two years of related experience in non-profit development and fundraising Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and analytical skills, creativity, critical attention to detail and the ability to work well as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Intermediate to advance proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of and experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- In cooperation with the CDO, solicit businesses and individuals for sponsorships to support annual fundraising events. Build, cultivate and steward donor relationships to help increase event revenue.
- In cooperation with the CDO, take lead responsibility for annual high-end fundraising event raffle, soliciting and securing gifts for raffle packages (including picking up gifts) as well as creating raffle packages and working with marketing staff to develop raffle program.
- In cooperation with the CDO, assist in soliciting gifts for JVS Annual Fund campaign.
- In cooperation with the CDO, assist in overall donor cultivation and development.
- Record donor interactions through Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
- In cooperation with the CDO, assist with overall donor stewardship.
- Travel throughout the metropolitan area.
Hours: Full-time M-F (evening and weekend flexibility).
Salary: $45K- $50K
Competitive benefits package included.
JVS helps people meet life challenges affecting their self-sufficiency through counseling, training and support services in accordance with Jewish values of equal opportunity, compassion, responsibility and the steadfast belief that the best way to help people is to make it possible for them to help themselves.
JVS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that engages in affirmative action to employ minority, female, protected veteran status and disabled individuals. JVS is a community supported, non‑profit vocational counseling, job placement and vocational rehabilitation agency operating under the auspices of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit and United Way. Rehabilitation services are accredited by CARF. JVS is a Drug-free Workplace.
Please apply at www.jvsdet.org/jobs
Please no unsolicited phone calls