Manager, Development Database Systems - Detroit, MICompany: Samaritas
Date Posted: November 22, 2017
Full time development position in Detroit for Samaritas!
Manages the organization's Raiser's Edge NXT fundraising database in accordance with applicable federal regulations and Advancement policies and procedures. Leads the creation, development, and launch of an organization-wide system for collecting, managing and using data. Manages the policies and procedures for all data collection, usage and management. Administers and oversees development related database management, gift processing and data entry, reporting and data analysis, as well as data integrity and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the organization's constituent and gift records in accordance with generally accepted fundraising principles and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rules.
- Facilitate ongoing database integrity meetings including scheduling, meeting facilitation and creating all operational policies and procedures for a Raiser's Edge (RE) procedure manual. Develop, revise and maintain data processing procedures, workflow processes, data collection and management resource documents in accordance with applicable organization and IRS rules.
- Work closely with IT leadership to create and launch official system/software programs, solutions, policies and procedures for organization-wide data collection, data usage and management across all regions and programs.
- Research and clarify donor details with individuals and representatives from organizations to achieve accurate recording of donations.
- Analyze donor data, identify trends and opportunities, create regular reports based on analysis and provide to team.
- Manage the Donor Recognition and Stewardship Plan using Raiser's Edge modules, in coordination with the Advancement Team.
- Generate accurate mailing lists for mass mailings, queries and reports, as needed by various departments, including providing strategic direction and execution of data usage for annual appeals in partnership with the Annual Fund Manager.
- Daily gift processing with deposit reports and creation of donor acknowledgement letters. Management of the acknowledgement letter process, including creation and updating for each campaign. Monthly reconciliation with Finance and archiving old daily batch paperwork as needed. Create and manage the monthly KDI dashboard for Advancement Team and Board reporting and for Budget Variance documentation for monthly forecasting.
- Provide technical training and support; acts as a resource for department staff on proper data entry. Provide orientation, ongoing reminders, and follow-up with program staff responsible for receiving donations. Create a donor file system and provide consultation on proper documentation and storage of donation documentation.
- Manage pledge payment billing reminders for board members, administrators, high-level donors and prospects. Prepare forms and coordinate support staff to complete printing and mailing of pledge reminders. Prepare pledge reminders for all other donors on a regular basis.
- Follow up and monitor annuities, gifts-in-kind, insurance policies and similar items with Accounting Department to ensure all data is current and accurate.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Associate's degree in Business, Management, Data Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Five to seven years' experience in directly managing Raiser's Edge; experience on the front end/donor-facing arena of fundraising a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing a fundraising database system; Raiser's Edge and NXT experience required. Excellent data-entry, data analytics, and strategic use of data skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of IRS contribution receipting regulations.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, congregations and the public.
- Detail oriented with excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English. Strong presentation skills with ability to present information.
Additional Work Requirements
- Occasional weekend and evening work required.
- Sits at workstation for extended periods with continual concentration.
- Near visual acuity to see video display terminals.
- Hand and finger dexterity for key board use.