Development ManagerCompany: Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit
Date Posted: April 13, 2018
Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit's Mission:
"Co-creating independence and dignity through the power of personal and workforce development"
3111 Grand River, Detroit MI 48208,Detroit,MI,48208,United States
Working in partnership with the Vice President of Fund Development, the Development Manager will implement and coordinate the fund development plan. Responsible for the oversight of the organizations donors; creating, implementing and managing a stewardship plan with a key focus on donor acquisition, a major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. Position works with cross-functional team members, key stakeholders and the public to create sustainable funding for Goodwill’s programming.
1. Work closely with the Vice President of Fund Development and organizational stakeholders to implement a comprehensive, strategic stewardship program for the organization, including annual giving, major and planned giving.
2. Manage the donor database and create tools to support, track and analyze fundraising activity, departmental budget, relationship building and revenue.
3. In collaboration with the Vice President of Fund Development, engage with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish mutually beneficial, long-term relationships that are donor focused.
4. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
5. Participate in grant development including research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements.
6. Work in collaboration with Vice President of Fund Development and Marketing and External Affairs team on strategic planning for marketing/fundraising initiatives, collateral and branding.
7. Participate in special event development and oversight, planning and execution of annual golf tournament, building new events, and other events as needed.
8. Uphold GIGD mission, vision and values.
9. Implement fundraising industry best practices.
10. Perform other related duties as needed.
Three to five years of demonstrated professional fundraising success with an emphasis in nonprofit (in addition to degree). Donor database management, marketing and event planning experience required. CFRE a plus.
Demonstrated success and proficiency in the use and implementation of donor relationship management system; Strategic thinker and leader with exceptional project management, organizational and team skills; Strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and proven success in managing donors; Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated success in writing communications to donors, and customized proposals and grants (writing sample required with application); Field experience/face time with individual and corporate donors and prospects; Demonstrated planned & annual giving campaign experience; Strong interpersonal, active listening and consultative sales skills.
Strong project, time and financial management skills. Must be able to work flexible hours as necessary, including weekend hours; must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan driver’s license, proof of insurance and personal vehicle access and use. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word,Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and follow through on assignments.
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or communications preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested parties may apply for this and all other available positions via our website at www.goodwilldetroit.org.