Development CoordinatorCompany: Alternatives For Girls
Date Posted: April 13, 2018
Alternatives For Girls helps homeless and high-risk girls and young women avoid violence, teen pregnancy and exploitation, and helps them to explore and access the support, resources and opportunities necessary to be safe, to grow strong and to make positive choices in their lives.
903 W. Grand Blvd.,Detroit,Michigan,48208,United States
The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting with activities related to developing and sustaining individual, foundation, government, and business/corporate sources of funding based on AFG’s current short-term and long-term fundraising strategies. This includes assisting in all areas of development such as data entry and management of donor database, acknowledging donors, help with individual gift solicitation, assistance with events, and assisting in maintaining relationships between existing donors and the agency. Additionally, this individual will perform database gift entry and generate donor letters as well as maintain the donor database.
• Maintain large donor database.
• Process gifts and produce acknowledgements within 48 business hours of receipt.
• Collaborate with finance staff to ensure gift coding accuracy; including monthly reconciliation, credit card gifts, in-kind gifts, and information necessary for tax purposes.
• Organizing pick-ups of donations, soliciting donations, responding in a professional manner to in-kind donor inquiries and requests within 48 business hours of receipt.
• Assist with events – collect RSVPs, create seating charts, pick up auction items, assist with materials (e.g. designing program books), print event materials, make follow-up calls to solicit donations for auction, solicit sponsorships, etc.
• Assist with the Role Model Dinner – manage the silent auction process (solicit, pick up, and organize), responsible for utilizing auction software, entering winning bidder information and printing invoices for event check-out. Assist with organizing the seating chart and making last-minute adjustments. Print and organize nametags and all other items necessary for the event registration table. Troubleshoot guest list changes during registration. Assist with preparation and record minutes for Role Model Dinner Committee meetings.
• Assist with preparation and record minutes for Marketing and Fund Development Committee meetings.
• Assist with marketing tasks, such as picture taking, updating materials, producing e-newsletters, etc.
• Assist with social networking support such as updating Facebook page; Twitter page; assist with filming opportunities (You Tube, etc.), assist with website updates.
• Assist in researching backgrounds of major donors and major donor prospects, and preparing material in advance of meetings or other interactions with such donors by the CEO, Director of Fund Development, board members, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in development, marketing or other relevant work experience (i.e. non-profit, human services).
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Suite including Word, Outlook, Publisher, and Excel
• Familiarity with database programs
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Philanthropy or a liberal arts major
• Familiarity with Donor Perfect
How to Apply:
Please visit careers.alternativesforgirls.org and apply for the Development Coordinator position.