Associate Campaign DirectorCompany: College for Creative Studies
Date Posted: May 16, 2017
Under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Associate Director of Campaigns manages all activities that support the College’s Comprehensive and Capital Campaigns.
- Responsibility for organizing, directing and fund raising for all aspects of the new $50 million Campaign.
- Work with VP as liaison to Campaign Cabinet and President as it relates to the campaign.
- Act as primary liaison with CCS Fund Raising, the campaign consultant.
- Develop systems to manage all aspects of the Campaign as well as future campaigns, including tracking documents, division reports, campaign updates, campaign collateral materials, etc.
- Coordinate all Campaign Committee meetings including scheduling and materials.
- Support Campaign Chair, Committee, Trustees, President and Vice President for Institutional Advancement in identifying and soliciting major gifts.
- Identify and research prospects with the support of the Director of Major Gifts and the database management team.
- Manage portfolio of all campaign prospects as well as a personal portfolio of prospects (scope TBD.) Work with VP, Campaign Counsel and Campaign Committee to develop strategies for these prospects including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Conduct face-to-face donor visits as appropriate.
- Develop all solicitation proposals for use by Campaign Committee, President and VPIA.
- Work with VP and grant writer to develop foundation proposals for the Campaign.
- Work with Institutional Advancement colleagues to develop and implement plans to support corporate, foundation and alumni campaign strategies.
- Assist with identification, cultivation, and solicitation of planned gift prospects.
- Work with IA team to plan and conduct campaign cultivation events.
- Provide strategic input towards development of long-term comprehensive fund raising plans for the College.
- Work with administration and faculty to identify fund raising needs in collaboration with other IA team members.
- Collaborate with Direct of Major Gifts to provide input on ongoing major giving program including goals, benchmarks, budget, giving policies and all tools to track deliverables, including call sheets, moves management grid, gift pyramid, solicitation training for any staff, cultivation plans, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and motivate diverse internal and external teams of people who do not have a direct reporting responsibility to this position.
- At least three years of major gifts experience; proven track record of fund raising.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with campaign management.
- Knowledge of planned giving a plus.
- Some travel required.
- Commitment to CCS mission; passion for visual arts and the City of Detroit.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
The College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution and is considered one of the nation’s leading art and design colleges. CCS has state-of-the art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid prototyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in eleven majors and it also offers the Master of Fine Arts degree in Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Interdisciplinary Design, and Transportation Design. These programs are based in a unique and dynamic interdisciplinary environment that provides students with the ideal educational setting. The success of our alumni validates the quality of our programs.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The search will close when a suitable candidate is hired. Interested candidates should submit the following in PDF format: Resume and a letter of application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institutional Advancement: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/support-ccs
CCS website: http://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.