Director of Development/Fundraising- Great Lakes RegionCompany: Enterprise Community Partners
Date Posted: May 19, 2017
The Enterprise Community Partners Resource Development Group generates philanthropic support for Enterprise affordable housing programs through relationships with corporate, foundation and individual donors. This position reports to the Vice President, Resource Development Group and is one of ten development professionals located in Enterprise offices across the country.
Possible locations for this position include Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit.
- Personally identify, engage and cultivate relationships with corporate, foundation and select individual donors in Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit (i.e., the Markets), securing gifts in the 5 to 7 figure range for both programmatic and general operating support.
- Develop a deep understanding of programmatic vision and initiatives in each Market.
- Establish close working relationships with local program staff in each Market, leveraging their experience to develop strong proposals and their contacts to increase philanthropic support.
- Work in close coordination with the Vice President/Market Leader in each city, providing support as needed to advance fundraising strategies with key donors while leading the effort to expand the donor base in collaboration with local program staff in each office.
- Serve as the principal author of concept papers, LOIs and formal proposals, leveraging local program staff and national resources as needed. This requires the ability to translate complex programs and concepts into compelling written materials for donors and prospects.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan with the primary focus on corporations and foundations and a secondary emphasis on individual giving.
- Conduct regular joint planning sessions with program staff and Market Leaders.
- Help donors explore possible funding relationships with Enterprise national programs where this can be done without negatively impacting local fundraising in the Markets.
- Collaborate effectively with fundraising colleagues in other cities and other Enterprise departments.
- Assure that all account and opportunity information is up to date in the CRM system (Salesforce).
Frequent travel (30-40%) is expected.
- a minimum four-year college degree and at least five (5) years of progressive fundraising experience
- a clear record of personal success meeting or exceeding revenue plans
- a demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate relationships with and secure gifts from new donors
- the organizational, time management and people skills necessary to succeed in a matrix organization with multiple people engaged in the fundraising process
- excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- proficiency in basic Microsoft Office tools and user experience with customer relationship management software..
A working knowledge of the affordable housing / community development sector would be very helpful, as would experience working with a range of corporate and foundation donors. Some exposure to individual giving would be a plus.