Major Gift OfficerCompany: Washtenaw Community College
Date Posted: June 6, 2017
The Major Gift Officer manages the fundraising process for an assigned portfolio of prospects and donors and conducts activities leading to gifts of $10,000 and above. The position conducts major gift activities for the Washtenaw Community College Foundation and Washtenaw Community College.
The primary responsibilities of the Major Gift Officer includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major gift prospects with the capacity to donate over $10,000. This position will assist the AVP of College Advancement in coordinating the involvement of academic leadership, Foundation board members, faculty, fundraising volunteers, and College leadership in Major Gift planning and activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify and manage a portfolio of potential and current major donors with capacity to make gifts in excess of $10,000
- Match WCC funding priorities with individual donor interests
- Conduct at least 150 personal visits or significant contacts per year
- Gather data, assess prospects, and develop strategies around donor and prospect current and life-time giving potential
- Input donor information into database, including call reports and next steps
- Ensure continued contact with prospects and donors, including cultivation activities, appropriate solicitations, and consistent stewardship
- Develop plans and strategies to include academic leaders, volunteers, board members, AVP of College Advancement, or the President in prospect and donor visits
- This position requires a high level of commitment and enthusiasmEvening meetings and attending special events may lead to extended hours as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in development and fundraising, preferably with 2-3 years of experience in a community college or university
- Demonstrated success in obtaining major gifts
- Experience working with fundraising volunteers such as board members, advisory members, or community leadersExcellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to interact effectively with high capacity donors and prospects
- Demonstrated understanding of the major gifts fundraising process
- Knowledge of the computer and databases and their application activities
To apply Click Here.