Vice President, DevelopmentCompany: International Samaritan
Date Posted: June 16, 2017
International Samaritan was established in 1995 by Father Don Vettese, S.J. to alleviate poverty among people living in garbage dump squalor in Guatemala City. It has since expanded into a total of six countries. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the organizational commitment is to foster social and economic empowerment for these communities by establishing a wide range of services including nurseries, medical facilities, food and nutrition programs, schools, micro loans and other programs.
International Samaritan is seeking an energetic, committed, dynamic and innovative Vice President, Development with experience building a comprehensive development and communications program. The Vice President will assist the President in the creation of an overall comprehensive fundraising plan that will begin to build and implement a formal fundraising function for the organization. The candidate must have the ability to interact and communicate professionally and manage the entire fundraising process to obtain private support at the highest level possible. The Vice President will report to the President.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with evidence of success in the areas of:
- The ability to lead the strategic development efforts while assuring all administrative donor/prospect management systems are effective and donor stewardship is handled in an exceptional manner.
- Superb oral, written and marketing communication skills with exceptional strategic and administrative abilities, as well as excellent planning and organizational development skills.
- Highly developed consensus-building skills while able to apply initiative and creativity in making timely decisions.
- A team player disposition and a hands-on style, with an impeccable reputation for operating with the highest integrity. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of external partners.
- Identifying, cultivating and closing major gifts, with excellent ongoing stewardship.
- The ability to represent International Samaritan to various external audiences.
For a full position profile Email: Information@Hohauser.com