Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Michigan Opera Theatre seeks a Manager of Foundation and Corporate Relations to implement strategies for the prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of private foundations, corporations and government agencies. This position is responsible for researching and recommending funding opportunities, preparing proposals and grant applications, and reporting to funders. He/she is responsible for corporate and foundation donor stewardship, and for establishing and strengthening long-term partnerships with institutional donors that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of MOT.
- Two to five years successful experience in grantwriting or development.
- Outstanding persuasive writing skills
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Experience in coordinating donor stewardship
- The ability to consolidate a wide array of information into a compelling narrative.
- Fluency with project budgeting and reporting;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines effectively and with grace;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- A track record of building relationships; and
- An interest in and a dedication to promoting all aspects of MOT’s programs.
- Attendance at some evening and weekend events is required for this position.
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to employment@MOTopera.org