Senior Development Officer-DearbornCompany: Beaumont Foundation, on behalf of Non Profit Personnel Network
Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Position Description: Responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major donors for assigned clinical service area(s) and projects. Assists the Associate Vice President, Major Gifts North, and the Vice President Major Gifts in advancing the major gifts program. Staffs volunteers, physicians and hospital leaders who are helping to cultivate and solicit prospects. Works with the leadership of assigned service(s) – e.g., oncology, cardiology, etc. – to identify needs and shape major gift efforts to fund those needs. Takes an assigned responsibility in campaigns. Participates as a member of the Major Gifts Team to meet Beaumont Health’s fundraising goals.
1. Takes a leadership role in identifying, screening and rating major gift prospects and develops and executes strategies designed to realize the current and lifetime giving potential of individual prospects.
2. Gains a comprehensive understanding of the priorities of the assigned area and, more broadly, Beaumont Health
3. Works with assigned service(s) under the direction of the Associate Vice President Major Gifts – North and with the appropriate physicians and administrators to identify funding needs and develop an approach to raise funds to meet those needs.
4. Ensures that all gifts from donors assigned to this position are accurately and promptly acknowledged and that appropriate stewardship reports are generated with timely information on the programs the donors’ gifts have supported.
5. Develops and implements a plan to recruit, train and activate volunteer fundraising leaders for the assigned service(s) as needed. Manages and coordinates the work of appropriate volunteer committees and provides staff support to members of the committees. Develops meeting agendas, materials and minutes for related meetings, and provides support for members who are involved in solicitations.
6. Serves as a member of the campaign team and participates in developing campaign strategies and plans, as assigned. Takes on tasks related to the current campaign(s).
7. Participates in the Foundation’s prospect management process by recording required contact reports in Raisers Edge and providing timely information on prospects and solicitation plans in regularly scheduled Major Gifts Meetings.
8. Assists the prospect research effort by providing information on prospects to the Research Department
9. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patients, physicians and employees of Beaumont Health. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriate settings
Basic Qualifications: 5-7 years minimum track record in securing major gifts.
How to Apply: Applications are being submitted to the Non Profit Personnel Network. Please visit https://www.nppn.co/career-opportunities to apply.
Application Website: https://www.nppn.co/career-opportunities