Director - Annual Giving & Advancement SystemsCompany: University of Detroit Mercy
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
The Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Systems will be responsible for the management of staffing, plans and budgets pertaining to the areas of annual giving, stewardship and advancement systems.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Work collaboratively with the vendor who manages UDM’s off-site telemarketing program to establish and monitor production activities, timelines and program related goals.
(2) Responsible for the overall management of The President’s Cabinet program. Identify, cultivate, personally solicit and steward select, high-end annual donors.
(3) Document, record, and maintain records on all projects.
(4) Provide consultation on potential bottlenecks in timelines, enhancement for segmentation and content of projects, and planning for all program areas.
(5) Work collaboratively with all areas of the University to initiate fundraising activities that will meet our fundraising goals and priorities.
(6) Work collaboratively with Vice President for University Advancement and Executive Director of Major Gifts and Campaigns to manage leadership giving plan and develop a pipeline for major giving.
(7) Work to establish and maintain up-to-date gift acceptance policies and procedures and work with colleagues across the University to make sure that policies are being followed.
(8) Define appropriate parameters for program success in all areas with particular attention to both dollars raised and donor participation in annual giving.
(9) Monitor and evaluate program results, utilize market research and other data to identify new, strategic opportunities.
(10) Explore opportunities for engaging, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new audiences.
(11) Lead the strategic planning process for all areas and determine yearly priorities.
(12) Develop new strategies for renewing and upgrading leadership donors.
(13) Work closely with advancement systems team to seek out opportunities to improve the quality of our data and the ability of development officers to access it.
(14) Evaluate all program areas on an ongoing basis for potential cost savings.
(15) Work with stewardship staff to develop and implement a strategic plan for stewardship for UDM.
(16) Develop guidelines and activities for stewardship that will encourage donors to renew and increase giving.
(17) Evaluate current and future stewardship activities to ensure that what we stewarding our donors in a way that is meaningful to them yet cost-effective for the University
(18) Participates in peer networking opportunities.
(19) Participates in professional education opportunities.
(20) Monitors all area-related publications and websites.
A college degree and a professional certificate or graduate degree.
- Five years to seven years experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience and program planning skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge constituent management system and policies and procedures associated with gift and record entry.
- Solid understanding of principles of annual giving, stewardship and Advancement Systems
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to think strategically, develop and implement plans and analyze data
- Strong ability to handle the coordination of multiple priorities and objectives
- Ability to manage people and budgets
- Ability to look at complex situations and make decisions accordingly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to think “outside the box”
- Careful attention to detail
For details about this position and to apply please visit https://udmercy.peopleadmin.com/
Michigan's largest, most comprehensive private University, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's mission, diversity, and excellence of its academic community. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.