Grant Administrator and WriterCompany: United Methodist Retirement Communities
Date Posted: February 7, 2018
Grant Administrator and Writer
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Department: UMRC Foundation
Supervisor: UMRC Foundation Director of Communications and Annual Giving
The United Methodist Retirement Communities (UMRC) Foundation mission is to promote the wellness, dignity, and independence of seniors by supporting the residents, staff, and communities UMRC serves.
The Grant Administrator and Writer, under the direction of the Director of Communications and Annual Giving, will research foundations and grant opportunities, assist with writing new proposals, collect required data for the initial grant proposals, oversee the financial and record-keeping side for various grants, keep calendar of grant deadlines and reporting requirements, and prepare and write reports to funders. All aspects of this position will be done in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, as well as corporate policy and procedure.
- Work with the UMRC Foundation, Finance, and Program staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient, and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle. Includes tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, and post-award management and monitoring to ensure completion of grant-required activities.
- Work with UMRC Program staff to ensure grant requirements and activities are followed as stated in the grant. Some of UMRC’s current grants include training and program events for staff, residents, and community members. This position will coordinate all aspects of these events, including working with UMRC staff or local vendors to: locate on- and off-campus venues, serve as a liaison with speakers, provide set-up and take-down, plan and order refreshments, create programs and other promotional materials, prepare surveys, collect data, etc.
- Assist with writing new grant proposals in support of UMRC/UMRC Foundation fundraising goals and initiatives.
- Research foundations and grant opportunities.
- Work in a timely manner with UMRC Foundation staff and Program staff from each of UMRC’s affiliates to determine and plan for annual funding needs and identify potential funders, given the overall needs of the organization.
- Work with UMRC Foundation staff to develop, maintain, and finalize all grant agreements and MOUs pertaining to grant awards.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Technical Writing, English or a similar field.
- A combination of education and consistent applicable work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Grant Administrator with Grant Writing experience for a Non-Profit Organization, or equivalent.
- Proven technical writing skills (a writing sample will be requested of each candidate selected to interview)
- Passion about promoting the dignity and wellness of seniors throughout the region.
- Must be willing to travel as needed and work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted on-line at: http://umrc.com/employment/job-listings/external-listings/
Select the "View Positions' option next to the UMRC Opportunities - All Locations heading.