Prospect Research & Donor Engagement OfficerCompany: Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
Date Posted: February 8, 2018
The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, (The Wright), a community-centered and mission-focused institution is seeking a high-performing, self-motivated professional to fill the critical role of Prospect Research and Donor Engagement Officer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a high level of commitment to the research process and enhancing our long-term relationships to donors and partners. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Development and interacts with our development team in building prospects. The successful candidate will have an inclination towards data collection, research management, and experience in donor-wealth management, and or non-profit leadership.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Monitor/analyze wealth screening results to identify prospects for pipeline and fundraiser portfolios.
- Conduct detailed research on top prospects to determine capacity ratings and philanthropic inclination.
- Work with Development Officer and SVP to assign prospects/monitor moves management process.
- Work with the IT team to maintain database integrity and run pipeline reports
- Perform regular research on major and principal gifts prospects;
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure The Wright’s screening and research capabilities are in line with professional standards and meet the organization's needs.
- Keep abreast of key donors in the news, philanthropic trends, current economic and world events, and evolving prospect research/management practices and share that information as necessary.
- Utilize development software to create and maintain a comprehensive major gift prospect pipeline.
- Maintain a comprehensive and working knowledge of organization’s database.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain data systems and electronic catalogs of donors/prospects.
- In collaboration with SVP, work to build/expand donor/prospect giving base.
- Work to strengthen stewardship of donors, and ensure connection to The Wright.
- Donor stewardship and retention are key metrics for success.
- Directly responsible for identifying new relationships/prospects, and expanding the overall number of donors in data base. Manage Donor data base and software, and ensure that information is accurate, timely, and relevant to advancing personal objectives.
- Assist in coordinating and executing fundraising of all special events.
- Maintain transparency and a strong donor centric philosophy in support of donor engagement, donor retention, giving prospects, and stewardship strategy.
- Effectively manage/resolve challenges in a positive manner that supports The Wright.
- Produce regular reporting/data that measures performance, growth and projections.
- Ability to represent The Wright effectively with donors, prospects, stakeholders.
- Assist in effectively communicating about Museum activities, events, and programming.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Social Science or related discipline, Masters preferred
- 4-5 years of progressive experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or non-profit leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to self-manage/motivate
- Successful candidate will present as a mature professional with a keen sense for donor sensitivity and appropriateness in advancing the mission and values of the museum
- Skills in Donor related software use and researching is a significant plus
Qualified applicants should email a resume, cover letter and portfolio link(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org .