Development DirectorCompany: Packard Health
Date Posted: May 7, 2018
Packard Health is a long standing safety net clinic that has delivered patient-centered medical care to Washtenaw County residents since 1973. Our mission is to provide the best possible care for our patients and community, including people whose economic, cultural and social conditions might otherwise prevent them from getting health care. We are a BCBS of MI-designated Patient-Centered Medical Home that provides primary health care, integrated mental health care (including psychiatry and social work), nutrition counseling, diabetes education and support, chronic disease management, health promotion and patient advocacy services to all members of our community, regardless of their insurance coverage or financial circumstances.
|3174 Packard Road,Ann Arbor,Michigan,48108,United States|
|Packard Health seeks a part time Development Director. The Development Director ensures that development and communications activities and programs run effectively. He or she supports the efforts of the Board of Directors, the Development and Communication Committee, and staff. The Development Director prepares grant proposals and reports, oversees the Annual Campaign solicitations, and oversees special projects, including special events. He or she is responsible for preparing donor and gifts reports for internal and external purposes and ensures that all records for individuals, corporations and foundations are complete and accurate. The Development Director works with communications staff to communicate with all stakeholders effectively, including updating the organization’s website in a timely fashion and overseeing regular reviews of website content.|
• Coordinates the development and production of solicitations via mail, e-mail, and social media.
• Oversees planning, coordination and follow up on fundraising events hosted by the organization.
• Event duties include; event marketing, securing event locations and securing event entertainment, assisting with preparing and overseeing event budgets overseeing registration, securing event sponsors working with the volunteers to secure and assign event volunteers.
• Works with Executive and Development and Communications Committee to plan annual development goals.
• Coordinates corporate partnerships.
• Monitors and updates the website; ensures content is current and online registration is available for events.
• Ensures fund development records are complete, accurate, and up-to-date. This includes all donations, monetary and in-kind, from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources.
• Tracks pledges and gifts to the Annual Campaign; ensures pledge reminders are sent in a timely manner.
• Produces summaries and reports, including reconciliation reports, pledge receivables, quarterly newsletter mailing lists, monthly dashboard reports, and annual report lists.
• Informs program staff of timeline for pulling mailing lists to ensure timely data entry. Assists in the coordination of the client-donor database; assists in maintaining all fundraising information in database.
• Supports the Development and Communications Committee and prepares minutes.
• Assists with cultivation and solicitation meetings with prospects.
• Coordinates cultivation events and community briefings related to organizational initiatives.
• Assists with communications, public relations and outreach for development activities, including direct mail, press releases, website updates, social networking, e-mails, and e-mail newsletters.
• Assists with other development activities as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, fund development correspondence, special events, and special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including success with grant preparation and reporting, donor cultivation and giving.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
• Culturally competent, sound judgment.
• Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb organization skills; detail oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, outgoing, and willing to learn.
• Understanding of donor databases a plus.
• Experience with website maintenance a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to Resume@packardhealth,org